Ellie Mae

Ellie Mae
Beautiful Ellie Mae

Freddie, the French Bulldog

Freddie, the French Bulldog
Lazing on a sunny afternoon

The artist

The artist
Ollie Mac

Ollie and Annie

Ollie and Annie
Azorean grandmother

Acrylics and watercolors

Acrylics and watercolors
Cannabis and sunflowers

Papa and Ollie Mac

Papa and Ollie Mac
Priorities, Baby

Acrylics and watercolors

Acrylics and watercolors
Hollyhocks

Mahlon Masling Blue

Mahlon Masling Blue
My friend and brother.

Mark's E-mail address

bellspringsmark@gmail.com

Friday, August 12, 2011

San Francisco Giants Baseball # 14: Going Camping.

Going Camping

I am taking the weekend off to go camping at Standish Hickey with extended family.  I anticipate a scintillating series with the Fish; you may remember that the last time we faced this team, they sent Buster to the hospital.  I suspect we may see some fireworks, which may finally be what our guys need to get them back on track.

It doesn't even matter that their wrath may be slightly misdirected; at this point we will be happy to accept any and all motivational factors, which will serve as the catalyst for forward progress.  As I have said once before, I began this blog on the Giants on the day they began their skid.  I do not believe the two are connected, but this might give me a better idea of how the dynamics of this whole scene work.

Let's sit back and see if Bochy can use the return to the field against the Marlins as fodder for the revenge he would like to see whipped on the Fish.  Matt Cain pitches tonight, Carlos Beltran will not be playing, and Aubrey Huff would like to see if he can find his missing stroke down in Florida.

Let's not forget Atlanta. They came into San Francisco, early in the season, and showed the Giants just exactly what they thought about last October.  They swept us in our yard.   Last year, I might have expected some measure of retaliation, but this year?  That remains to be seen.  However, if the Giants get on a roll in Florida, it may have the staying power to keep them fired up against the Braves.  I am praying they can get it going, if for no other reason than to not have to hear that insidious tomahawk chop chant.  Talk about a city out of step with the twenty-first century.  It's disgusting.

Have a great weekend, and take advantage of the swing to the East, to watch the games at a reasonable time.  I have said it a million times; I am so glad that I do not live back there, because the Giants games would not start until 10:15 at night, way past my normal bedtime.  California rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment