Ellie Mae

Ellie Mae
Beautiful Ellie Mae

Freddie, the French Bulldog

Freddie, the French Bulldog
Lazing on a sunny afternoon

The artist

The artist
Ollie Mac

Ollie and Annie

Ollie and Annie
Azorean grandmother

Acrylics and watercolors

Acrylics and watercolors
Cannabis and sunflowers

Papa and Ollie Mac

Papa and Ollie Mac
Priorities, Baby

Acrylics and watercolors

Acrylics and watercolors
Hollyhocks

Mahlon Masling Blue

Mahlon Masling Blue
My friend and brother.

Mark's E-mail address

bellspringsmark@gmail.com

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Love Trumps Hate

Love Trumps Hate

Dear Supporter of President Malproddunt,

I saw the meme you posted, with the family gathered around the Thanksgiving table, giving thanks for being spared Hillary Clinton. Congratulations, by the way, on your stirring victory over the forces of corruption, as represented the Democratic Party candidate.

I was never clear how her corruption was going to negatively affect you, but you voted on principle and showed those liberals that you were not about to put up with any unsavory figures occupying the most important job in our GREAT COUNTRY.

That was last week.

Today, however, that internal smugness has been replaced with a most external fear: Why is President Malproddunt appointing Steve Bannon, an avowed white supremacist, to the White House staff, especially, as Chief Strategist?

Why? The reason would appear reasonably transparent to most of us: What better way to promote an agenda of racism and hatred, than to bring in an expert? How do I know he is an expert at hatred and bigotry? Organizations backing him include the Ku Klux Klan and the American Nazi Party. 

“Perhaps The Donald is for real,” gushed Rocky Suhayda, chairman of the aforementioned American Nazi Party. 

“Bannon will ‘push Trump in the right direction,’" suggested Richard Spencer, president of the white nationalist National Policy Institute.

You Malproddunt supporters all know what direction Spencer means, but here is something else to cogitate: This psycho, SENATOR Jeff Sessions, is quoted as saying that he does not view grabbing a vagina-not his own-as being sexual assault. I feel it necessary to clarify the previous statement, because I happen to think Senator Sessions, himself, is a-

[Editor’s plea: STOP!]  Fine. Whatever.

Moving forward, always forward, as a Malproddunt supporter, you voted with a vengeance, refusing to listen to all of those so-called intellectuals. Hell, you figured, they wouldn’t know their asses from a hole in the ground, if the hole in the ground were the Grand Canyon.

Still, YOU ARE NOT A RACIST! Not only that, you are most certainly not a proponent of violence towards those with vaginas, and you are now starting to worry. After all, you are not a hater.

Nor do I hate you, just as I don’t hate any of my extended family, but I am upset with you, supporter of President Malproddunt. I have never been one to hold a grudge, but I have never faced a situation where I must forgive someone for selling out the planet, and with it, our own sense of moral superiority.

As a nation, over the past six decades, we have dared to defy the laws of human nature, and tried to iron out the uneven minefield, which is anything to do with race, ethnicity and color. Buddha knows, the struggle goes on. 

Therefore, I can’t help it; I have to ask, are you getting worried yet?

Because you should be. You insisted throughout the pre-election period that you are not racist. I wanted to believe you but still, you voted for the man with the racist platform, and now you have to watch with the rest of us, as our country slides back down that mountain we have worked so hard to build.

I intend to continue to fight for the forward progress we have attained, and that means I will need help. I will need help from both “liberals” and from those who mistakenly voted for President Malproddunt, and were vocal about their allegiance.

You do not have to admit you were wrong and liberals were right. It’s not about ego; it’s about survival. 

So, if you want me to let go of my grudge against you, you are going to have to send me a signal. 

Let’s not make this too oblique. All you have to say to me is, “Love Trumps Hate,” and we will be good to go. Your message will be tacit agreement that, regardless of what has occurred in the past, we are on the same team now.

If you can’t do that, don’t give it another thought, because as far as you, personally, are concerned, I sure won’t. Aren’t grudges a bitch?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209125225661183&set=gm.1674104489282794&type=3&theater


2 comments:

  1. Anyone who voted for Malproddunt supported a candidate that the KKK endorsed. They are racists by association. I am having a really hard time understanding anyone who voted for Malproddunt who tries to dismiss his racist, sexist, xenophobic, misogynistic etc behaviors as unimportant. If you voted for him , you are supporting his narrow vision of our country. I wish I could be so open hearted as to accept your decision to vote for him. You do have the right in this country. I cannot respect anyone who voted for him.

    ReplyDelete