Ellie Mae

Ellie Mae
Beautiful Ellie Mae

Freddie, the French Bulldog

Freddie, the French Bulldog
Lazing on a sunny afternoon

The artist

The artist
Ollie Mac

Ollie and Annie

Ollie and Annie
Azorean grandmother

Acrylics and watercolors

Acrylics and watercolors
Cannabis and sunflowers

Papa and Ollie Mac

Papa and Ollie Mac
Priorities, Baby

Acrylics and watercolors

Acrylics and watercolors
Hollyhocks

Mahlon Masling Blue

Mahlon Masling Blue
My friend and brother.

Mark's E-mail address

bellspringsmark@gmail.com

Monday, September 12, 2016

Bafoonery



I'm sorry, Pete.




Bafoonery

Like most of us in Mendocino County, I am counting down the days until the new Willits bypass opens, not just because of the hideous traffic congestion, but because of its 1930’s approach to cannabis, a commodity which has proven instrumental in my Sweetest of Apple Blossom’s fight against cancer.

I refuse to do business in a place which goes about systematically attacking a substance that has proven over the history mankind, to be a gentle giant of benevolent goodness, in dealing with sickness and poor health.
Sigh. Willits is no place for you, Annie.

I look forward to being able to give this otherwise delightful town a wide berth, making sure that my dollars end up in the cash registers of cities and towns on both sides of Willits, only. 

I will not be part of Mayor Bruce Burton’s agenda because I am fiercely opposed to his old school mentality, and his desire to thrust his outdated redneck will on the fine denizens of Willits.

I feel that for one or two individuals to impose their personal agenda onto thousands of others, is reprehensible, especially when they are clearly in the minority. Together with Larry Stranske, Burton has determined that the city of Willits, has suffered over time because of the evil weed.

Stranske, who unfortunately taught at the high school, and became apparently disgusted by students under the influence of cannabis, aligned himself with the Willits mayor in an effort to turn back the clock. 

I have news for Larry Stranske: If I were one of your students, I would have indulged also, before entering an arena where such backward thought existed. The days of rednecks running roughshod over the majority of others, should have come to an end. At this moment, you are still running the show, but do not count on that going on any longer than the next election.
An appropriate image of the mayor

I have news for good old Larry: I smoked cannabis in high school, along with EVERY one of my friends. Today we are lawyers, doctors and educators. I actually think that those who indulged, were [and are] better equipped to deal with reality, because there is no misinformation. 

Cannabis did not stunt our growth, either physically or emotionally, and is infinitely better than alcohol for altering one’s attitude in so many ways, it’s ridiculous. I wonder what Mayor Burton’s stance on alcohol is?

I have good friends in Willits, business owners with whom I have enjoyed doing commerce. They don’t seem to mind the fact that I am an open advocate of cannabis. I mean, what cannabis is doing for Annie, and what it does for me, every day, to control my bipolarism, influences me hugely.

Willits is the only city of any size in NorCal, with a ban on medical cannabis dispensaries. This means that the sick and elderly of Willits, who have gone to their respective doctors and obtained a legal prescription for cannabis, now have to travel somewhere else to obtain their medication.

This is bogus and I refuse to patronize a town with such a backwards view. Is it the fault of Willits’ business owners that Mayor Burton has taken this stance, and is it fair to them to boycott their businesses?
Sigh. Hello, Home Depot

No and no, which is why the situation is so sad. Business in Willits is already going to take a massive hit, as the chocolate candy store already served notice. This business had to close down because of the arbitrary manner in which the recent street construction in Willits was conducted, bafoonery at its finest.

In anticipation of those who would object that I am being unfair to Willits business owners, I can only say that if you mess with my Annie, you mess with me, and I take it personally.

In his letter explaining his personal and archaic views, Burton actually used the example of a doctor seeking employment, and how Willits was not an appealing place because of its sordid history of cannabis (?). If anything, a doctor seeking employment, and finding a town that banned cannabis, would avoid it like the 19th century bastion of redneckism it is.

Are you a blockhead, Bruce!

As one who eschews negativity every day of my life, I am mortified to have to wallow in it, in this piece. Extreme behavior requires extreme measures.

That being said, I will not back down. 

Bruce Burton, you are unbelievably lacking in good judgement, you are a fool and you are hurting the chances that your town will survive losing Highway 101’s business. Your logic is outdated, you have no clue as to how to run a town and you are hurting the people you serve.

Do us all a favor and go crawl under a rock. Don’t pass go and don’t leave a forwarding address for your rock. 

Who would want it? Oh, yeah. Larry!

Welcome? WELCOME? I think not...

No comments:

Post a Comment