Ellie Mae

Ellie Mae
Beautiful Ellie Mae

Freddie, the French Bulldog

Freddie, the French Bulldog
Lazing on a sunny afternoon

The artist

The artist
Ollie Mac

Ollie and Annie

Ollie and Annie
Azorean grandmother

Acrylics and watercolors

Acrylics and watercolors
Cannabis and sunflowers

Papa and Ollie Mac

Papa and Ollie Mac
Priorities, Baby

Acrylics and watercolors

Acrylics and watercolors
Hollyhocks

Mahlon Masling Blue

Mahlon Masling Blue
My friend and brother.

Mark's E-mail address

bellspringsmark@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Just Say No to Terrorism


I unfriended someone I have known for 27 years yesterday, because he posted a pro-45 meme on social media about the barbaric practice of ripping babies from their mothers’ arms. I have a no-tolerance policy as far as seeing posts on my wall that express support for the Commander-in-Thief of the Republican Party.

Along with being a cockroach, 45 is a pathological liar.
Support the cockroach all you want and I will be none the wiser, unless you post something that ends up on my wall. Yes, I can unfollow you and still be friends, but what’s the point? I want to clarify that if you are a person who supports the immorality of the current administration, I have no desire to be friends with you.

I would say it’s nothing personal, but that would be incorrect: I find tearing families apart to be most personal and it’s tearing me apart. Try as I might, I can’t conjure up a more evil scenario than the horror going on right now on our borders, in the name of a tyrant with an ego the size of Texas. Vile, reprehensible acts against children, including babies, are now brought into our kitchens daily for us to take in with our morning coffee.

Progressively getting more desperate, the Commander-in-Disbelief has come right out and shared his ransom demand with the rest of the nation: He wants his wall. So he ordered mothers to be parted from their children, while fathers must watch helplessly as their kids are dragged away. 

I hold not only the Commander-in-Fleece accountable, but his henchmen, the Senate. History will accurately record their betrayal for the most pathetic of all reasons: their thirty pieces of silver. That those who were elected to represent all the people, should so blatantly steal for themselves and their friends billions of others’ money, remains the biggest ripoff in our nation’s history.

The others to whom I refer, are the working people of our land who are paid a minimalist wage, instead of one which allows them to thrive and live happy lives. As a culture, Americans are locked into a battle for survival, as opposed to when I was a kid and one wage-earner could support a stay-at-home spouse, to care for the kids.

Now the money that used to come from corporations and the private sector being taxed, has gone into the pockets of the One Percent. There is no longer a land of opportunity-there is only the land of the enslaved and the home of the scared-shitless. That’s what we have become. Why any families would want to come to this country anymore in the first place, baffles the heck out of me. 

That’s the goal, of course, though the why of it goes against everything for which this country has ever stood. The world used to recognize how unique our country was, though we have undergone a heart transplant since then. Our heart was ripped out when money became the American Eagle. By the time the first kid was torn from his family, we were already heartless. I say “his family” because there are no images being released of little girls.

Someone pointed out this meme was
photo-shopped. I couldn't stop laughing.
I wanted to ask, are you sure? 
So yeah, I let what is happening in politics affect me personally, and I simply said no to terrorism. Folks who are good with what’s going on with families being separated, need their own space to hang out in-not my wall. 

These folks are good with families being torn apart because racists don’t see minorities as being anything but “animals,” or insects “infesting” our country. Like Hitler’s Germany, these people are more than willing to stand by and let them come for anyone they like, because they know no one is coming for them-they’re white.

November 7th is rapidly approaching, as is Armageddon. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that sanity prevails and that the Commander-in-Grief ends up with his arms crossed instead-behind his back in handcuffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment