Ellie Mae

Ellie Mae
Beautiful Ellie Mae

Freddie, the French Bulldog

Freddie, the French Bulldog
Lazing on a sunny afternoon

The artist

The artist
Ollie Mac

Ollie and Annie

Ollie and Annie
Azorean grandmother

Acrylics and watercolors

Acrylics and watercolors
Cannabis and sunflowers

Papa and Ollie Mac

Papa and Ollie Mac
Priorities, Baby

Acrylics and watercolors

Acrylics and watercolors
Hollyhocks

Mahlon Masling Blue

Mahlon Masling Blue
My friend and brother.

Mark's E-mail address

bellspringsmark@gmail.com

Saturday, November 19, 2016

True Confessions: I Am A Bad Person

True Confessions: I Am A Bad Person

“It’s important that the public understand, good people don’t smoke marijuana.”

Thus spoke Senator Jeff Sessions, the individual President Malproddunt has nominated for attorney general. I would be shocked speechless, but my vocal cords self-destructed when I read that white supremacy was back in style, with the nomination of Steve Bannon, for White House Chief Strategist.

Not only is racism on the President Malproddunt’s agenda, we have a strategist to direct forward progress.

Senator Jeff’s assertion that good people don’t smoke marijuana, must be accurate, right? After all, he is a United States senator. Imagine my shock to discover at age 64, that I am not a good person. Does that make me a bad person?
It must, right? If I am not a good person, then I must be bad. I wonder what I did wrong. 

Was it my military service, with its Good Conduct and Army Commendation Medals?

Was it the seventeen years I spent in education, working with middle school students to help them keep the education spark alive until they reached high school?

Was it the three sons that I raised, who turned out to be responsible, community contributors?

Or is it possible that Dozer, my bulldog, is the reason for my not being a good person?
I got it! It's Markie who is bad...not me!

It can’t be my lengthy arrest record because I have never even gotten a ticket. 

I wonder how the estimated thirty million Americans who also indulge in cannabis, feel about being condemned as not being good people.

I mean, Senator Jeff must be impartial if he is to function as attorney general, right? His condemnation of thirty million people, really doesn’t change anything, does it? Theoretically, he could still be impartial, even with the view that people who use cannabis, are bad people.

Right?

Cancer patients who use cannabis must also be bad people. All of those famous people who have stated that they either have used, or currently indulge in cannabis, they must be bad people too. Epilepsy sufferers, those with rare brain disorders, children who have leukemia, these people are all bad people, also.

It’s amazing what you find out when individuals appointed by President Malproddunt, start opening up their mouths. Scary too.

I rely on cannabis for my mood spectrum disorder, the term most folks similarly afflicted use in place of bipolarism. I prefer the old bipolar label myself. I ain’t proud but I ain’t skeered either.

Without cannabis, I have no way of grounding myself, so I use it every day of my life. Additionally, I work long hours considering I am an old dude, and I get a lot done. 

However, in order for me to be able to spend six hours a day handling the pitchfork, working the soil over the three months of spring, I require cannabis. Different strains work for different symptoms, and the physically demanding nature of farming has one just for IT.

Clearly, though, I am a bad person. 
Maybe we could start a “Bad Persons, Anonymous” chapter, locally, so we can all get together and celebrate being bad people.

Excuse me? What’s that you say? We already have one?

Duh. Reggae on the River, 2017, coming to you next August. 

Bad people of the world unite!


2 comments:

  1. Disgusting. The whole thing is disgusting. UGH. Such narrow minded ness across the board. It sounds arrogant but I keep thinking of evolution of consciousness. When you can't make room in your life for all people regardless of color, beliefs, cannabis use, education, whatever -- when you can't be broad minded enough to accept the wide family of humanity, then it seems like you simply have not evolved as much as others yet. Maybe you need a few more (a few hundred more?) lives to lead before you reach a higher level of consciousness.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True story. Never were there truer words expressed. xoxo

      Delete